The power of a sunburst necklace and the shoeless boys.

A WEAKNESS of mine consists of not being able to find any shoes especially when we are trying to get out the door to make it to 8:30AM church.

Sunday mornings are when I actually have the most propensity to be a grump. For some reason I have not mastered keeping track of kids shoes. Today when we left for church I was on the verge of just calling church off completely. I finally gave in & said, "Who needs shoes anyway?" Seriously my boys all came to church with just their socks on. As we were almost out the door I asked husband to comb the last little guys hair & when he came out this is what I beheld...



All of a sudden my mood lightened up immensely. I was taking life too seriously it seemed. It's a miracle we could even make it to church, let alone on time & that is what we were about to do if I didn't turn back now to fix poor little Elvis's hair. Husband was trying so hard to not laugh & just told me to let it go & leave the hairdo alone because that's how our son wanted it (you know since he can talk so clearly & last I checked a 2 year old boy really could care less). So really we walked into church only 1 minute late, found a nice comfy padded bench and every time I was feeling a little huffy puffy I just looked @ that boys hair and it made me chuckle. I wonder if anybody else in the congregation took note.

P.S. - I sold out and did end up fixing it right before I took him to nursery.

A STRENGTH of mine consists of being able to find humor in a situation on a drop of a dime.

Just a side note, I have been thinking about my Grandma lately. After she passed I swore I would do everything in my power to make her proud. She is an amazing women & when I think I can't do anymore it I often think of her & then for some reason I can. 

On the way out the door my little girl informed me that my dress wasn't very pretty. She's very particular & not a fan of the color brown. Of course considering she is only four my feelings really weren't hurt. I'm actually glad she has an opinion. I on the other hand happen to love the dress I was wearing because it reminds my again of Grandma. No it isn't one of hers but every time I wear that dress I always have to wear one of my most prized possessions...the gold sunburst necklace (and yes that was hers). I felt a little stronger today and I couldn't help but think if it were because of the necklace. Oh & of course I was glad I made it to church because it too seemed to lift me up & give me strength.

{top 2 photos taken by big "M"}