Collections & the simple pleasures of life.


I took pictures of the below pages out of the above book I bought @ the thrift store for $6.00. The book has at least 100 pages of really beautiful images of flowers from around the world. When I saw the book I immediately pictured tearing out some of the pages and framing them to use as a collection on my wall. A collection of pictures can really pack a punch and to use images from a book is really quite cost effective. In fact if you are interested in doing something like this as well, Ebay sells the same vintage book for as low as $15.00. I think the same author even made a book full of the worlds birds as well.  Imagine the possibilities. 

             
 
             

             

             

I thought some of the below were fun examples of hanging pictures in a collection.  I like the silver clips of the first picture.












Well when you talk about nature & collecting, just about the only thing you'll find in our backyard are dandelions & leaves that have fallen into our pool.  Both of which the kids find fascinating.  I want to see things more often the way my kids see them.  That is why I have found simple pleasure in my new fig tree.



I have actually been wanting one for a while so I googled on where I could find one and if they would even grow in this climate we have here in the desert.  Well a couple weeks went by and I had a knock on my door from a neighbor who was wondering if we knew anybody who wanted a fig tree.  You already know what I said and now that little fig tree has a new home in our backyard....kind of random though.  Anyway the leaves are just so beautiful on this tree.  When the tree gets big enough I'm pretty sure I will cut some of the leaves & bring them inside to fill my vases.

    

....and oh yes I still have the peacock chairs.  You'd think after a couple of years they would grow on husband but not so.  He wishes they were @ the DI but we all know who rules the roost:-)