birthday party inspiration (Dwight style)...

October is a great month. Not only is it the start of the holiday season but we throw a couple of birthdays into the mix. I'm kind of feeling like I want to throw a party. So here's the start of collecting thoughts around my inspiration object for the party theme.



I found these glasses @ one of my annual 50% off Goodwill ventures.  They are a little circus-ee/a little honkey tonk.  Perfect because so is husband.  I think a good Yee-haw party is in order & will fit the bill perfectly.  Plus I am excited to use the above glasses.  

So how do I say this.....I love Dwight Yoakam.  I like his voice & I like his style.  Most people are surprised to hear this because a) they have no idea what Dwight Yoakam sings b)  they think he's all country bumkin (well & he is but in my opinion some of the best artists have been influenced by some sort of country...Wilco) c) or that I am weird.  Historically I have not been one to dispaly any music on my blog but for a limited time offer I am going to throw in some free Dwight Yoakam tunes (mixed with a few others) for your listening pleasure:-)  Anyway he is one of the only artists husband & I can agree on so I'm looking to good ol' Dwight for some inspiration.





See he is a cool cat.  Look @ at that luggage.


Also if I were to do invitations I would love it if YeeHaw on Etsy would design custom invitation for my hub.








I hope & I can pull it off the celebration because I have a trip scheduled to Portland in between now & the big birthday.  I am so excited to go to Portland.  Does anybody have any Portland suggestions?  What should I not miss?

A great weekend to all!!!