Taking a break from all your worries, sure would help a lot.
Wouldn't you like to get away?
Sometimes you want to go
Where everybody knows your name,
and they're always glad you came.
You wanna be where you can see,
our troubles are all the same
You wanna be where everybody knows
Your name.
You wanna go where people know,
people are all the same,
You wanna go where everybody knows
your name.
TJ MAXX is my CHEERS



I am still trying to decide how I feel about the fact that the Cheers theme song came into my head as I drove away from TJ Maxx. All I know is that it had been a very long time since I had been to that store for a visit so when I arrived there it was a pleasant surprise to see all of my friends still working there. It was as if I had never been away. "Where are the girls", "I bet they are so big now, said one. The boys big debut was a hit. Jeanne who has worked at TJ for fifteen years finally made her way over & said, "I was just thinking about you yesterday". I sat & talked to one about her husband with diabetes & the other one about her grandkids. "Is that weird that I'm friends with the TJ Maxx workers", I thought, Nah..there's much weirder. The thought came into to my mind, "RETAIL THERAPY". Well I'd say today was a true example of what retail therapy can provide for one's soul.
I am still trying to decide how I feel about the fact that the Cheers theme song came into my head as I drove away from TJ Maxx. All I know is that it had been a very long time since I had been to that store for a visit so when I arrived there it was a pleasant surprise to see all of my friends still working there. It was as if I had never been away. "Where are the girls", "I bet they are so big now, said one. The boys big debut was a hit. Jeanne who has worked at TJ for fifteen years finally made her way over & said, "I was just thinking about you yesterday". I sat & talked to one about her husband with diabetes & the other one about her grandkids. "Is that weird that I'm friends with the TJ Maxx workers", I thought, Nah..there's much weirder. The thought came into to my mind, "RETAIL THERAPY". Well I'd say today was a true example of what retail therapy can provide for one's soul.
Did I mention the good solid 25 minutes in the car driving over to TJ Maxx was equally as wonderful? As I looked back into the rear view mirror my heart melted at the sight of 3 beautiful, happy & healthy little guys....my bestest friends. Hey & they don't make such bad shopping buddies after all (at least for now). That was until I saw this establishment. I mean who wouldn't want to take their kids & drop them off here:
But I didn't. Instead we had fun trying on fancies. Don't tell husband.
Just in case you were wondering the shopping trip was profitable to me but not husband. Our definitions of profitable are quite different, apparently. We can all still be friends though, I say.